1. BEL’S COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
To best meet our Consumers’ expectation and forge with them the strongest links possible, our Group is often led to collect Personal Data by different meanings. Consumers must be assured that we take the best care to guarantee the confidentiality of every personal information exchanged between them and our Group and Brands.
Bel undertakes not to violate your privacy and ensures full transparency and security while collecting and storing your personal data.
As a part of this commitment, we have implemented a policy on processing our consumer’s personal data.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information it holds about individuals in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993 (the Act). “Personal information” is information about an identifiable individual, as defined by the Act.
The entity responsible for the collection of your personal information is Bel Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 45 600 057 298).
2. PROTECTION OF CONSUMERS’ PERSONAL DATA: PRINCIPLES
Legitimacy: The data will be collected for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes; Processing will not involve sensitive data (e.g. racial or ethnic origin, political, philosophical or religious opinion,
union membership of persons, health or sex life, offences, sentences and security measures).
Relevance: Collected data will be suitable, relevant and non-excessive with regard to the purposes
for which they are collected;.
Accuracy: The data will be accurate, complete and, if necessary, up to date;
Transparency: When collecting your Personal Data, you will be informed about every relevant information
and notice relating to this collection and process of their data and notably concerning the purpose and recipients of such information.
Storage: The data will be kept for a time period that does not exceed the period required for the
purposes for which they are collected and processed;
Consent: The person concerned must have given his consent to the processing of his data;
Confidentiality & Security: We will assure confidentiality and security of every collected Personal Data by implementing reasonable technical measures
3. TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The types of personal information that we collect will depend on the kind of relationship we have with you. However, we will only collect and store personal information about you when it is necessary for us to perform our business functions.
Some of the common types of personal information that we collect include:
- contact details (e.g. last name, first name, phone number, e-mail and postal address)
- demographic information (e.g. date of birth, gender, address and occupation)
- information about your family (e.g. the number of family members and their age)
- information about your purchasing preferences and consumption habits regarding dairy products/cheeses
- correspondence and records relating to our dealings with you (e.g. letters, e-mails and telephone calls)
If you cannot or will not provide us with the personal information we reasonably require, we may not be able to provide you with the products, services, information or assistance you require.
BEL will use reasonable endeavours to seek consent from a parent or a guardian before collecting any personal information about a child under the age of 12. At any time, parents/guardians will be entitled on demand to have access to personal data concerning their child and ask for their modification or deletion from our consumer’s database by contacting our consumer service.
4. HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect your personal information directly from you, when you provide it to our staff or to our agents or contractors, for example:
- When you contact our consumer service line
- When you participate in our marketing programs or animations (e.g. contests, games, newsletters)
- When you browse our BEL Group websites and social media sites
- When you sign up for our mailing lists
- When you contact and correspond with us, for example to ask information
We may also collect personal information about you from publicly available sources, from our related companies or from third parties. Where we do so, we will ensure that we act in accordance with relevant privacy laws.
5. PURPOSES FOR COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
How we use your personal information will generally depend on why we collected it and the nature of your relationship with us.
We will use your personal information for purposes including (but not limited to):
- Handling questions or complaints that you make to our consumer’s service;
- Improving our products (for example, by using information about your purchasing habits to get a better understanding of your needs and desires);
- Conducting competitions, promotions and trade incentive programs that you have entered;
- Providing you with services that you have requested or signed up for (e.g. discount vouchers ) ;
- Running credit and employment checks (if you do business with us or apply for employment with us);
- Sending you newsletters, promotions or offers from partners (At any time, you can cancel your subscription to these newsletters by clicking on the provided link at the bottom of these e-mails);
- Securing and improving your use of BEL websites; and
- Complying with applicable legal requirements.
6. COMMUNICATION AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In some cases, we need to transfer or disclose your personal information to external recipients (some of which may be based outside of New Zealand). The types of recipients that we share your information with will depend on the nature of the information and why we collected it. In the course of our ordinary business operations we disclose personal information to:
- External service providers (for example third-party IT services (such as data storage services, email filtering, virus scanning, call centers, printers, and external printing and photocopying providers)
- Other Bel group entities;
- Our advisors and consultants
- Commercial partners (for example, promotional operations companies)
Other than those external recipients referred to above, we will not disclose your personal information to any other third party unless we have reasonable grounds to believe:
- You have authorized us to do so;
- Your safety, or the safety of others in the community is at risk; or
- We are required or permitted by law to do so.
If we provide your personal information to a third party, we generally require the third party to protect your personal information in the same way we do.
We take reasonable steps to ensure personal information we hold about you is protected from risks such as loss, unauthorized access, use destruction, modification or disclosure.
No data transmission over the internet is totally secure. As a result, any personal information you send to us over the Internet (including via email) is sent at your own risk.
Information sent by you to this Website is not encrypted. You acknowledge that we do not guarantee the security of the content of any such information, and it is entirely your responsibility to satisfy yourself as to whether our security measures are sufficient for your requirements.
8. DATA STORAGE BY BEL
We store personal information on computer databases and/or in hard copy, and we engage third party service providers to assist in storing and processing certain types of personal information for us. Some of these service providers may be located overseas, or use facilities located overseas to provide us with services.
Your personal information will not be stored for a time period exceeding the period required or permitted by law.
9. ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You have a right to request access to or correction of your personal information held by us. If you wish to access, correct or update any personal information we may hold about you, please contact us as set out below.
We will deal with all requests according to applicable law, and we may charge for providing access to this information and we may refuse access where the Act allows us to do so.
10. COLLECTION OF THIRD PERSON PERSONAL DATA
Some of our websites can offer you the chance to send a link to a Group website’s page to third persons. In such case, we will have to collect your and the third person’s e-mail addresses.
The third person’s e-mail address will only be used for that purpose, and we will delete our record of it immediately afterwards.
12. CONTACT DETAILS
- have any concerns or a complaint regarding our privacy practices or our management of your personal information
Please direct any privacy issues or queries to us by using our contact form.